40ft IS DOUBLE THE SIZE OF THE 20FT CONTAINER AND IS THE SECOND MOST POPULAR CONTAINER FOR SHIPPING – AFTER ITS SMALLER COUNTERPART.
Other than shipping, 40ft containers can be repurposed for a variety of uses. They can be modified for use in industries such as housing, hotel and leisure, mining, retail, construction and more.
THE 40FT CONTAINER’S TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Internal Volume: 67.7m3 (75m3 HCs)
- Tare Weight: 3 660 kg (approx.)
- Gross Weight (max): 30 500 kg
- External length: 12.19m (40ft)
- External width: 2.44m
- External height: 2.59m (2.90m HCs)
- Internal length: 12.03m
- Internal width: 2.35m
- Internal height: 2.39m (2.684m HCs)
All our 40ft cargo containers feature:
- High-quality steel construction with corrugated walls.
- Heavy duty marine flooring.
- Doors that open the whole 270 degrees.
- Multiple lashing points for securing cargo.
- Forklift pockets for easy transportation.
For shipping, the maximum allowed weight of a loaded 40ft container is capped at around 30,000kg – similar to that of a 20ft shipping container. This cap, however, does not apply to containers meant to be used for storage only.