Tiger Containers have a range of 40ft Open top shipping containers.
These are specially designed container which does not have a standard steel roof, they have removable steel roof bows which support a removable tarp.
The top rails above the doors are also designed to unlock on one side, so the header bar will swing open allowing easier access for over height loading and unloading.
These are perfect storage solutions for products which are over height or will not fit in a conventional shipping container.
THE 40FT CONTAINER’S TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Internal Volume: 67.7m3 (75m3 HCs)
- Tare Weight: 3 660 kg (approx.)
- Gross Weight (max): 30 500 kg
- External length: 12.19m (40ft)
- External width: 2.44m
- External height: 2.59m (2.80m HCs)
- Internal length: 12.03m
- Internal width: 2.35m
- Internal height: 2.39m (2.684m HCs)
All our 40ft cargo containers feature:
- High-quality steel construction with corrugated walls.
- Heavy duty marine flooring.
- Doors that open the whole 270 degrees.
- Multiple lashing points for securing cargo.
- Forklift pockets for easy transportation.
For shipping, the maximum allowed weight of a loaded 40ft container is capped at around 30,000kg – similar to that of a 20ft shipping container. This cap, however, does not apply to containers meant to be used for storage only.