The primary purpose of shipping containers is to provide safe and secure transportation of goods, often to overseas destinations. The second most common use of the humble shipping container is for temporary or permanent storage. There are quite a few ways that you can put shipping containers to good use, and many different things can be stored in them. This post covers some of the options available with shipping containers as storage, the advantages that shipping container storage offers, secure on-site storage that uses shipping containers and more. You’ll discover everything you need to know in this article.
Shipping Containers As Storage
Ever since they were invented, shipping containers have been used to store goods. It came as no surprise when individuals started using them exclusively for storage.
After all, if shipping containers can protect goods in rough seas for several months, what’s a bit of sunshine and some rain on dry land? Right?
The tough build of shipping containers makes them ideal for keeping items safe in tough environments. This ability has made them quite a popular storage solution for commercial and home use.
There are numerous situations where shipping containers will come in handy for storing different items. We shall take a look at some of these scenarios and how shipping container storage can help.
For those of us who like to hold on to our things for a bit too long, space eventually runs out at home leaving us with the hard task of looking for extra room. A cargo container provides the perfect storage space for all your extra stuff. Containers also provide a place for you to store your items as you prepare to move.
Declutter Your Home
Clutter. It’s the one thing that can turn any home into a disaster.
Clutter not only makes your home look untidy, unsightly and unsanitary, it can also affect the very way you live. With clutter all-around, your house moving about can get uncomfortable and even dangerous. And finding things gets nearly impossible – and that includes finding some peace of mind! Unfortunately for most households, clutter is common and unavoidable. With several people living under one roof, things can easily pile up causing space to quickly diminish.
This is where portable storage containers can come in handy. Storage containers can quickly and easily help you declutter your home. You can do all the things you wish you could do, and finally live in the clean, clutter-free space you’ve always wished your home could be!
When Life Gives You Clutter
There are plenty of life situations where clutter just comes naturally. Thankfully, storage containers can cater to each one of these situations:
- When planning different projects – DIY projects, re-modelling projects, extra income projects. Sometimes we just take on one too many personal projects at home and end up not finishing most of them due to the clutter they cause. In such situations, it’s ideal to declutter and take these projects on one at a time, and a storage container can help you do this. By temporarily storing some of those project materials and peripherals, you get the space you need to work on them one at a time, and finally, get them done!
- When your hobbies are taking over – Some hobbies don’t take up a lot of space, but others can take up a whole lot! When your hobbies start to take over your whole house, it’s high time to move them somewhere safer, more secure and more spacious, and that’s in a storage container. A storage container is an ideal space for all your growing collections of items and other numerous or large and bulky items that can’t fit in your home anymore but you really can’t bear to part with.
- When ‘kids’ come home – When the college ‘kids’ come home for the summer, you’ll need somewhere to store their extra stuff. A storage container is a quick and convenient solution for this.
- When you need to store seasonal event items – Being part of a fun run committee or being a festival organiser may be fun, but looking for a space to store all the props and things from these events can become a challenge. With your very own storage container, it need never be. And when you’ll need those items again in some other venue, you won’t have a problem since moving storage containers is fairly easy.
Have no space to put the shipping container? No problem, why not go for secure on-site storage!
Secure onsite storage is a large facility where you can store your items packed inside a cargo container safely. These facilities are always locked and kept under 24/7 CCTV surveillance to ensure that your items are not accessible to unauthorised people.
Tiger Containers operates two such facilities, one at Roselands and another at Tempe where we provide you with a high-quality shipping container to store your items in, and a secure location to keep the container. Secure onsite storage is perfect for when you are:
- Moving overseas – If you’re moving or travelling overseas for some time, storing your household items in a secure facility ensures that you don’t have to start from scratch when you come back.
- Clearing out an estate – When a person passes away, it is sometimes necessary to immediately clear out their items from their house. A secure onsite facility gives you a place to store these items before a decision on how to deal with them is reached or as you await probate.
- Planning a garage sale – You might have a couple of items that you need to sell after remodelling your house but want to fetch a good price. You can store these items in a secure facility, maybe join up with some neighbours who also want to get rid of some of their items, and consolidate enough merchandise for a future large-scale sale.
- Have conflicting “move out” and “move-in” dates? – If you need to wait a few days before moving into your new house after moving out of your old one, a secure storage facility can help bridge this gap by keeping your things safe as you make the necessary arrangements.
- Downsizing your home – When you move from a larger home to a smaller one, you don’t always have the option to get rid of the extra stuff at once. Secure onsite storage gives you a place to keep your things as you decide what to do with them.
There are several benefits for storing your things in a secure facility, these include:
- Freeing up space in your home for other uses.
- Sparing you the difficult task of deciding what to sell and what to keep.
- Clearing your house so that you can “stage” it for sale.
- Providing a place for you to keep your early Christmas shopping until it’s time to give it out.
- Guaranteed safety for your items.
Cargo containers also provide an excellent solution for on-site storage needs. Shipping containers can be used in the following ways for on-site storage requirements.
- Locker rooms for workers – Cargo containers can be converted into locker rooms for work camps, schools and outdoor gyms. With this kind of facility, users get their own secure space to store items for a short or long time. The locker room can be made even more secure by closing the container’s doors.
- Storage for construction sites – Tools are expensive and leaving them outside can lead to theft and damage from the elements. A modified sea container provides a safe and secure place for tools to be stored on job sites.
- Paper archive for your office – Wooden shelves can be fitted to the container for boxes of documents to be stored. The fireproof nature of the containers shell is an added advantage and will help keep the documents safe.
- Home renovations – You can use a cargo container to store your household items as your home is renovated without worrying about them getting damaged.
- Reliable storage for your farm equipment – Shipping containers provide the ideal storage solution for your farm equipment as well as supplies that need to be kept dry and safe from the elements.
- Car garage and automotive parts storage – If you require to store your car or motorcycle for an extended time or need a garage for everyday use, cargo containers provide the perfect solution. Car parts can also be safely stored here.
- A place to store extra inventory – For commercial enterprises with excess inventory, shipping containers can be used to keep the items safe until they can be sold or used.
- The perfect disaster-preparedness-items storage – A sea container can withstand flooding and storms making it a good solution for keeping emergency supplies safe and dry for when they are needed.
- Storage for out of season items – Stores will often have extensive collections of seasonal items as well as fixtures and promotional items used at certain times of the year. On-site container storage will keep them safe and secure until they are required.
- Storage for extra supplies – Schools and churches will often have extra supplies that they require to keep near their facility such as chairs and tables for events. On-site cargo container storage provides a way to keep these supplies near and ready for when they are required.
- Simplified moving – If you need to move house, you can have a shipping container dropped off so that you can pack at your own pace and convenience. Once done, just have the container shipped to your new house and take as long as you want to unpack.
- Storage for yard tools and landscaping equipment – Yard tools and a large lawnmower can take up a lot of your garage space. A shipping container enables you to free up this space for other more important uses – such as parking your car!
- Event storage – If you are preparing for a big event, on-site shipping container storage can help you keep enough supplies to cater for a large number of guests.
- Hunting camp storage – A cargo container will provide the perfect place for you to store your hunting equipment and gear safe from intruders and the elements.
Types of Storage Containers
Cold storage – Reefers (also known as refrigerated shipping containers) can be used for storing perishable goods that require being refrigerated or frozen. And because they can run on fossil fuels, they make for the perfect off-the-grid cold room.
Dangerous goods container – If you need to store hazardous items such as explosives or corrosive chemicals, a shipping container can be modified for this to provide you with a safe on-site dangerous goods storage solution.
Cargo containers are very handy items that can be used for a wide range of storage needs. They are windproof, waterproof, safe and secure while still providing enough room for you to store your items.
Because it’s not a permanent structure, a shipping container can also help you circumvent local bylaws, helping you avoid penalties and complaints.
If you’re searching for a storage solution that is inexpensive and will meet your needs. Then you may want to look at shipping containers as a viable option.
TIGER CONTAINERS HAS YOUR STORAGE NEEDS COVERED
With a storage container of your own, you never have to deal with clutter any longer. Declutter your home and your life, start by getting in touch with Tiger Containers today. Call us to inquire about our available storage containers and storage facilities near you.