For some purposes, buying a new build shipping container is more ideal than acquiring a used one. A brand new cargo container offers several benefits that a second-hand container might not be able to offer.
Newly built shipping containers are available in three common sizes namely 10ft, 20ft and 40ft. The sizing is, however, not as rigid as that of used shipping containers as you have the option to have yours custom built to the size most suitable for your needs.
Common variations include:
- High cubes. These can be of any length i.e. 10ft, 20ft or 40ft. But instead of the standard height of 2.59m, high cubes are designed to offer more headroom with a height of 2.90m for added capacity. Other than their taller build these containers resemble regular shipping containers in all other ways.
- Open tops. Most commonly a variation for 20ft and 40ft containers, this modification is included to allow the shipping container have a removable roof for increased flexibility in loading and offloading of cargo as well as room for very tall cargo.
- Flat racks. These are containers with no roof and collapsible skeletal sides mostly used for transporting out of gauge cargo and machinery that would otherwise not fit in any other container for one reason or another.
All our brand new cargo containers feature:
- A high quality all steel construction for extended durability and ruggedness.
- Lashing points to secure cargo with.
- Marine-grade paint treatment for improved protection against rust.
- Forklift pockets to ease handling.
- ISO specifications for universal handling compatibility.
- Heavy duty double-swing doors (where applicable).
- Quality timber flooring (where applicable).
The container can also be built to include other features such as side opening doors or rolling doors instead of the original swinging doors; or anything else you require.
Uses for brand new shipping containers
New shipping containers can be used for any of the following purposes:
- Shipping. This is what shipping containers do best, and new build shipping containers will be able to do this longer while providing enhanced protection for cargo.
- Storage. This is another area where shipping containers excel and having a new one will enhance this.
- Conversion. New shipping containers can be converted into a myriad of container products including restaurants, homes, and workshops among other things.
Benefits of new build shipping containers
Using a new shipping container is beneficial in the following ways:
- Durability. A new shipping container has no wear and will last longer than a used one. This is because they will not have been exposed to some of the rough conditions faced by their second-hand counterparts.
- No history/ contaminants. Sometimes the items to be stored or transported in the shipping container might be sensitive to contamination. A new shipping container gives you a “clean slate” and you don’t have to worry about what was previously transported in it.
- Aesthetics. With a new shipping container, everything is intact from the paint to the timber flooring. You will not find any scuffs or dents making them ideal for applications where looks are important.
- Seaworthiness. New shipping containers meet all the requirements for seaworthiness making them ideal for shipping.
Tiger Containers constructs and supplies high-quality new build cargo containers for delivery anywhere in Australia. We also have the expertise to incorporate any feature or accessory you require to make the container more suitable for your needs. Contact us for enquiries, our team will gladly answer all your questions.