For clients looking for a more compact shipping container solution, the 10ft cargo container offers a compelling option. In this post, we look at this mini shipping container in great detail: we outline the technical specifications of the miniature steel container including size-dimensions, capacity, weight and payload; tell you some of the common uses for the small shipping container; check out the main benefits of using this size container, and; advise you on instances where the compact container would be the preferred option. At the end of it, you should be able to decide whether the 10ft container is what you need for your project.
10ft Shipping Container Technical Specifications
Uses for the 10ft shipping container
Benefits of the 10ft shipping container
When should you bu a 10ft shipping container?
Fully insulated 10ft shipping containers
The 10ft shipping container comes in handy when space is at a premium, but you still require the strength and portability of a shipping container. This is the smallest container you can have and is exactly half the length of the 20ft unit.
The 10ft container is about half the size of a single car garage and this makes them ideal for small space storage applications, but they can also be modified to make countless shipping container products.
This sized container is not very common in shipping, so second-hand 10ft containers are usually made by cutting a 40ft container into four equal parts and adding back walls and doors to the cutout pieces. One-piece retains the original back end of the larger container while another retains the original door of the container.
Tiger containers supply both new and used 10ft shipping containers. Our containers are of a high standard and are competitively priced.
Find specifications for the 10ft cargo container below:
Because these containers are still manufactured to ISO transportation standards, they can still be used for shipping and transportation by rail.
All 10ft containers feature the standard all-steel construction, forklift pockets for easy movement and lashing points for cargo. 10ft containers that are cut out from a 40ft container have no standard doors and will be fitted with whatever type of door the customer requires.
Other additional features can also be incorporated to meet the customer’s requirements.
Uses for the 10ft shipping container
This small-sized container can be used for a number of things. They include:
- Shipping goods. It’s what all shipping containers are designed to do, and this 10ft variant is no different. The container will keep goods safe from physical damage, vermin and the elements during transportation. This container is ideal for small shipments.
- Storage. The container can be used to store all sorts of things from documents to dangerous goods such as flammable and corrosive chemicals. The law does, however, require modifications to be done before the shipping container can be used to store dangerous goods. These modifications include floor and ceiling level vents, aluminium ribbed grate or galvanised steel floors, installation of sump capacity and safety drain valves for spills among others. Modifications required will depend on the class of dangerous goods to be stored. All these modifications can be done at Tiger Containers.
- Conversions. The container can be converted into numerous things including stores, cafes, and offices among other things.
Benefits of the 10ft container
This container has the following benefits:
- Compactness. Because the container is about 3m in length, it can fit in the smallest of spaces saving you the headache of having to look for space to put it.
- Enhanced mobility. The smaller size of the container makes it more mobile as it can fit on smaller, more manoeuvrable vehicles as compared to larger units.
- Toughness and durability. This container is made of high-quality steel and has all the durability features of the larger sized containers. This will ensure that the container lasts for a very long time.
When Should You Buy a 10ft Shipping Container?
You may have been thinking about buying a 10ft wide shipping container but are unsure of whether or not this size of the container is really the best choice for you. After all, isn't bigger better? And what if you actually need more storage space than just this 10ft box?
If there is no immediate need for that much space, however, a 10ft container may just be the perfect fit for you. Here are some telling signs of when you should opt for this smaller-sized container:
Space is at a Premium
When there isn't much space available on which to put the container, then choosing a 10ft container makes the most sense. This size container can easily fit a single parking space or driveway, making it the most sensible choice for home storage needs. For temporary storage needs, you could even opt for 10ft container hire.
Manoeuvrability is a Must
One of the trickiest parts of purchasing a container is moving it. You can expect some difficulty when moving such a large item. With a 10ft shipping container, however, this isn't really a problem. This type of container can be transported in smaller vehicles than those of its larger counterparts, and can, therefore, be easier to transport. This is a particularly vital quality when moving the container to a residential area.
You Need a Custom Compact Space
10ft containers are not commonly used in shipping, which is why many of them have only been used once or are custom-made from larger containers. This makes them a great choice if you're in need of a custom compact space. They can easily be customised as a mobile workshop, small office, outdoor cafe, food or market stall, pop up store and just about any other compact and/or mobile space you can think of.
Storing Dangerous or Perishable Goods
Probably the biggest advantage of a 10ft container is that it occupies the smallest space of all standard shipping containers and yet it is just as durable as the larger ones. Add to that the fact that it can be customised quite easily and these compact containers make for the ideal storage for time and temperature-sensitive products like food, medicine and other perishable items. They're durable enough to hold such items, can be customised easily to provide the ideal storage environment for such items, and they won't take up too much space wherever they're placed.
When it comes to storage shipping containers, sometimes bigger is not always better. Sometimes a good 10ft container is the best solution for your storage needs.
If you're in need of a high-quality 10-foot shipping container for sale, get in touch with Tiger Containers today. We offer new and used 10ft shipping containers for sale, and we can modify them to suit your specific needs. Call us on 1800 072 039 if you want to know more about 10ft container prices or click on the 'get a quote' tab above. We look forward to answering all your concerns and providing you with your ideal 10ft shipping container in Brisbane, Sydney, Fremantle or Melbourne.
10ft Containers Fully Insulated
Tiger containers have completed a 10ft Containers fully Insulated with Panel Tec, lighting, Power In, Air Vents plus Whirly Birds.