Other than shipping, these containers can be repurposed for a variety of uses. They can be modified for use in industries such as housing, hotel and leisure, mining, retail, construction and more.
40ft Container Variations
The 40ft shipping container is available in two common variations designed to suit varying storage and shipping requirements. They are:
- The 40ft high cube container. This version is slightly taller than the standard 40ft container and is designed to offer more headroom for tall cargo. All other characteristics are similar to those of the standard sized version.
- 40ft open top container. This type of container features an open roof usually covered with a removable heavy-duty canvas. Open tops are designed to transport extra tall cargo that can’t fit in a high cube.
The 40ft container’s technical specifications are as follows:
- Tare Weight: 3,660kg (3,890kg for high cubes)
- External length: 12.19m
- External width: 2.44m
- External height: 2.59m (2.90m for high cubes)
- Internal length: 12.03m
- Internal width: 2.35m
- Internal height: 2.39m (2.684m for high cubes)
- Capacity: 67.7m3
- Payload: 26, 300kg (approx.)
- Total weight: 30,500kg
For shipping, the maximum allowed weight of a loaded 40ft container is capped at around 30,000kg – similar to that of a 20ft shipping container. This cap, however, does not apply to containers meant to be used for storage only.
All our 40ft cargo containers feature:
- High-quality steel construction with corrugated walls.
- Heavy duty marine flooring.
- Doors that open the whole 270 degrees.
- Multiple lashing points for securing cargo.
- Forklift pockets for easy transportation.
Uses for 40ft shipping containers
These metal boxes are extremely versatile and can be used for a wide range of things. They can be used for:
- Shipping goods. These containers are ideal for shipping goods – it’s their primary use, and they are good at it. Their robust construction protects goods from theft, vermin, the elements and physical damage. The 40ft container is especially ideal for transporting low-density and bulky items helping reduce shipping expenses.
- Storage. This container will provide a lot of room for you to store your items. You can store almost anything in these units including motor vehicles, documents, sporting equipment, machinery, tools and more.
- Modification. Sea containers can be converted into numerous structures for non-shipping purposes. These containers can be converted into offices, garages, accommodation, cafes, pop-up shops, swimming pools and much more.
Benefits of 40ft shipping containers
These containers are:
- Large. This gives you more room to store things or create the facility you want. If more room is what you need, then the 40ft container should be your pick.
- Eco-friendly. Re-using old shipping containers – any size – is good for the environment as it reduces the wastage of resources.
- Tough and durable. Like all cargo containers, the 40ft shipping container is built to last. It will last for a long time without requiring a lot of maintenance.
- Versatile. These containers can be used for numerous purposes from shipping to modifications.
Are you looking for a new or used 40ft shipping container to hire or buy? If you are, then you’ve come to the right place. We provide high-quality 40ft shipping containers for all purposes at great prices.
GET A QUOTE ONLINE FOR 40FT SHIPPING CONTAINERS >